Water metres are an essential aspect of plumbing systems on commercial and residential properties because they measure the amount of water that is used. The water company charges you based on the water meter reading which is why it isn’t difficult to understand why every property needs to have a functional water metre. An efficient system will always accurately calculate the amount of water that is consumed on your property, and you do not have to be worried about being overcharged.
High-Quality Water Metre Installation Services
However, the efficiency of the system is determined by how well it has been installed, which is why you need to hire the services of an expert plumbing company like us at SPS Plumbers Western Sydney. We have been operating in this industry for several years and have the experience, knowledge as well as resources to handle all types of plumbing requirement, including water metre installations.
Water Metre Installation Facts
Many people aren’t aware that they can choose between different types of water metres. Different systems come at various price points and have different functions as well. You can choose one that meets your requirements. When the main water installation is being carried out on your property by the water company, they will provide you a standard metre.
However, if you want an upgrade, you need to contact a licensed plumber for the job. They will provide you all the information you require about the different types of water metres available on the market and will also give their recommendations on which one would work best for your needs.
Each of these systems has its advantages and disadvantages, and only a skilled and knowledgeable plumber would be able to explain these in detail. Even after you get the right kind of water metre installed on your property, it is essential that you get regular maintenance done. Proper functioning of the water metre is dependent on how regularly it has been serviced and maintained.
Customised Water Metre Installation Solutions
This is the installation process the company would follow:
- The plumber will make sure that they position the system within 1meter of your property’s boundary wall. This is the point at which the main water connection meets with the pipes on your property.
- The plumber will ensure that the metre is fitted at a right angle with the main system.
- There will be a minimum ground clearance of 150mm and they would never replace it above the 300mm mark.
- A skilled plumber will always make sure that the metre is easily accessible to the water company employees as well as contractors, whenever necessary.
- They will also provide you information related to the maintenance procedure and frequency so that you can maintain the system well.
If you need any more information about water metre installation, repairs or replacements, feel free to contact SPS Plumbers Western Sydney at this number- (02) 9099 9845. You can also send us your requests via this Online Form, and we will call you back to discuss your requirements.
Click here for more info.